Thursday, April 03, 2008

On sleeping....

For those who know me well, know that I have trouble sleeping. Well, getting to sleep and then staying asleep without waking up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I think I can pretty much date this back to around my junior year in college.. I have my theories, but as Kevin will remind me, I'm not a doctor, so who knows what the real reason(s) is. Anyway, I envy people who can just hop into bed and knock off after saying goodnight, not giving it another thought. Or, for those who can do this:



Yep, that's my hubs, who fell asleep while READING! (Yes, I do have his permission to post this pic!) I mean, I'd have to be drugged up pretty good to fall asleep with a book on my face. Nevertheless, I still envy being able to do that!

So, I end up taking a sleeping aid, waiting for it to kick in, and see what creative things I can get into in the meantime. This is how I came up with a list of names for my SIL's baby boy who is due in June. And thus why I'm posting this update so late tonight.

Let's see, I last left off having taken Stone to the doc because I inadvertently gave him bronchitis. We just emerged into the real world on Wednesday morning and I took him to school this morning. Of course, I still had to work on Sunday, but Kevin kept him home again... he was still way too sick to make it to church. We both have been on antibiotics, still have a lingering cough, been cooped up way too long in this house, and have had "too much time together" over the past 3 weeks! He didn't even fuss when I took him to school today! Ha! Been a long time since he threw a fit after leaving him. That tells me it was time to get out!

I've missed lots more work than I intended and thankfully have a wonderful, understanding pastor/boss. I have plenty to do to keep me busy for quite a while. Missed a wedding Saturday night because I was still feeling pretty awful.

Poor Kevin; he's been living the life of a bachelor (or maybe that's to his advantage??!!) We haven't slept in the same bed in forever, because we don't want to keep exchanging germs back and forth. That's probably too much information, but thought it was funny to mention because even when we sleep in separate quarters, we still manage to get each other sick. What up with that?? Oh well, we try anyway!

Let's see... we move into our new apartment in about 2 weeks! We are very excited about that, although dread the moving part again. But, it will be nice to be settled again. My FIL has an interview tomorrow (which it's almost tomorrow at the time I'm writing this), but we pray that goes well. My dad has an interview on Wednesday for a part-time ministry job at their church as well. I think the job will be perfect for him and hope all goes well with that too.

Not much else to say... just taking one day at a time to get better so we can enjoy Spring and hopefully some nice weather in the next few weeks.

2 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

I hope y'all get better soon! I was sick for two months straight and it really wore on me, so I can relate.

P.S. I can fall asleep with a book on my face like that too. :)
But pregnancy doesn't allow me to get the good sleep I need either.

Caroline said...

HA!! K is hysterical. I think M could do that too. I might have been able to do that pre-baby, but no way now! I "half-sleep" with one ear always open to hear S if she cries or, heck, even breathe differently!! Good luck w/ the move! Y'all move more than anybody else I know:)