Cause then I wouldn't have to title myself as "the worst mom ever." See the first 2 pics below to see what I mean....Do you see the goose egg on my poor baby's head??!! You see, there is this little brick wall right outside the playground area and one of the exit doors at our church. It's only about 3 ft high at it's highest and goes down from there, so it's not a huge wall by any means. All the kids love to jump off it onto the grassy side after they are picked up from preschool or after church services, etc. Stone has picked up this "fun" habit too. Normally, it's no problem, because we make sure he waits on us and I'm pretty annal about watching his every move while he's up on the wall "jumping" into our arms. I say jumping in quotes cause he really just falls, like dead weight, instead of jumping.
So, you can see where this is going, right? Today after school, I had to finish up some things before leaving, so by the time we left, almost everyone else was long gone. There were a couple of moms in the parking lot talking to each other, but that was it. So, I knew he'd want to get on the wall. I laid down my load of things and helped him up. I told him about 10 times (literally) in about 10 seconds to "wait on mommy" and "don't move" until I got around to the grassy side. No sooner did I let go of him and turn around when I hear this "thud!" My heart stopped and I already knew what has happened. He must have either fell off backwards and turned in the fall, or somehow turned that quickly and fell, but either way, his forehead and nose broke the fall. Fortunately, he fell off the lower end of the wall. UNFORTUNATELY, it was on the concrete side and not the grass. Well, you see the damage. I'm the worst mom on the planet! I felt so bad and still do... he cried all the way home (about 15 min or so) plus the time before we got in the car. He also cried once we got home. I debated on whether or not to call the doc, but after giving him some tylenol, calming him down, and watching a favorite video, he seemed okay. He even started running around the house some. So, I let him take a nap for some rest. Ugh... I know this won't be the last of head or other injuries, but still, I take the responsibility and hate that I let it happen. No more of me letting that happen again!
We also kept cuz M tonight, as G and J continue their birthing classes. She was pretty much non-stop talking and I think that started to hurt Stone's head again! Ha! We had fun....ate dinner, went on a long walk, and then had a bath. Here are a few pics from our fun together. Notice in the second picture Mercy's mix-matched shoes and in the last picture, matching mohawks!
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
I wish the wall wasn't there
Posted by Shelby at 12:04 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! Poor Stone and poor mommy! I bet you were a wreck! I hope that kind of stuff is a "boy" thing so I don't have to go through it. I'm sure, though, that girls have their share of boo boos. Oh the joys of being a mother! But, it does look like from the picture that he is quite proud of his battle wounds:) I guess it is lucky that he didn't break anything or get a concussion!
Yeah, I'm glad it wasn't a concussion, or at least I hope he didn't have one! I don't know if he was proud, just happy later in the day. I hope you don't have to go through that either... it messes with your nerves and everything else!
I can relate. R fell (rolled) down 12 steps a few months ago. It was very traumatic. He busted his pretty lips and I freaked out. I thought for sure that the doc would've wanted me to bring him in, but the nurse was like "babies are very flexible." Crazy!?
Ha.. .they may be flexible, but they DON'T bounce off of concrete or stairs! What?!?! Docs and nurses are crazy, but I guess they hear it all. I'm sure if I had called the doc, they would have been all, "just keep an eye on him and if anything changes, then let us know." Yeah, I already knew that!
Poor baby! I think it always looks worse than it is. T$ did that TWICE by the time she was 15 months old! Once she fell into the door frame. I freaked out, called the doc, was ready to take her to the ER. The second time she fell into the IRON leg of our kitchen table. I just cried and cried. But the next day she was fine. Never phased her.
OUCH!!! Thankful all is well.
auntkathylove
Post a Comment