I don't know what it's been lately, but I've been having a string of sleepless nights as of late. I take "sleeping aids" which in the past have worked beautifully, but for some reason, they take forever to kick in, so I'm left frustrated that I can't get to sleep. I have even tried taking them earlier, but still, the same thing. So, this leaves me up late at night, which much to think about and ponder.
Like, for example, trying not to be angry when people at church email me to tell me that they don't think they can help in preschool any longer. Or wondering if working at a job that can be this stressful even worth it? Or, everything I have to do to get ready to move AGAIN. Or why does sometimes God choose to heal some and choose not to heal others from fatal illnesses? Or, will Stone ever get over this cold? ...... and they keep going from there... from one thought to the next and even when I try to do something "mindless" I still can't get to sleep!
The latest thing to emerge from these sleepless nights is a list of possible baby names for my SIL's new little baby boy, who should arrive in late June. I don't think they've nailed down a name yet, so I thought that maybe I could give them some ideas. I mean, it's a hard and important job to name a child, so you need all the help you can get. I've actually thought on this for several days now, really since the Super Bowl when I heard one name that I thought would be a shoe-in for the little guy, if not at least in the top 2-3 choices. It has then evolved from there into an entire list from A to Z. If you want to give your suggestions, I'm sure G wouldn't mind! Just add them to the post here and I'll make sure she gets them! Below is the list with either the meaning of the name and/or my comments as to why I chose it in parenthesis. Enjoy!
My all time favorite name pick for them is: PLAXICO (in honor of one of the players for the NY Giants who won the Super Bowl)
A= ALADDIN (in honor of one of my favorite Disn movies)
B=BJORN (in honor of mom2mom Bible study)
C=CHUONG (a Chinese name, in honor of G's cousin who is married to a sweet Chinese lady.. thought it would help to have a Chinese name in the family on this side too)
D= GO DIEGO GO!! (because M and Stone love that show so much! why not name him something they both already know and love?)
E= EBERHART (i just liked this name.. it's meaning is really insignificant to anything related to them... it means 'strong, wild boar')
F= FRODO (to pay homage to Lord of the Rings trilogoy)
G= GADI (means 'my wealth' ....may he bring you guys lots of wealth!)
H= HEVOVITASTAMIUTSTO (means 'whirlwind' thought that since M can be a whirlwind of fun, this little guy could be too! AND, because you guys are Katrina survivors and your life has been in a whirlwind ever since, thought this name would be appropriate)
I= INIGO MONTOYA ("My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." ...to pay homage to The Princess Bride movie)
J= JUSTUS (Justice and Mercy)
K= KEVEEN DEWITT (in honor of my hubby and this little guy's uncle!)
L= LUDWIG (as in 'Ludwig Beethoven' ....needed a name to represent the musical side of the hallquists, so thought this would work!
M= MAHEEPATI (means, 'the king'..... he will be the king of your household soon!)
N= NIRAD (means 'given by water'... thought this would be appropriate since G is going to try the nature birth method this time around)
O= OBEDIAH (just always liked this name from the Bible, plus it's unique and sounds cool...say it out loud... Obediah Young)
P= PEDRO JESUS (you have to pronounce this like you would in Spanish, so the J in Jesus is like an "h" sound... otherwise, it looses it's effect. also, this is a tribute to one of the dumbest, yet funniest movies around, napoleon dynomite, which i believe J loves)
Q= QUANTIKO (couldn't find a meaning, but it sure is different and cool sounding also--- Quantiko Young)
R= ROCKY (no, this is not to pay homage to a set of films which had the worst-acting in movie history, but rather to have a name that is similar to Stone's.... then M can be between a Rock and a hard place (Stone!) ha!
S= SOFRONIO (means 'self-controlled' hey, I mean, who doesn't want a kid who is self-controlled? again, goes well with the last name of Young)
T= THUNDER (I like this one because not only is a nature-related name, it also is a good, strong boy name. Nobody's going to mess with someone named Thunder Young!)
U= UMAR (means 'long living' ...we do hope this little one has a long life!)
V= VARIYA (means 'excellent one' ... we sure do pray he will be most excellent!)
W= WACHINTONKA (means 'patient'... yeah, we all want a patient kid too!)
X= XANTHUS (means 'golden haired' ....who knows, maybe he'll have blonde hair... but even if he doesn't, we know he'll be cute!)
Y= YASASHIKU (means 'gentle and polite'.... seriously, i love all these names that are good qualities we want our kids to have. however, i picked it because again, it was cool to say it with it's last name... "Yasashiku Young")
Z= ZANIPOLO (is Italian for 'little gift of God' ...and indeed, this little one is a precious gift from God!)
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Sleepless Nights and what's in a name...
Posted by Shelby at 12:08 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Girl, you need to get some sleep! You are getting delirious. :)
It must've taken you all night to come up with that list!!!!
You are such a nut! She can't use Ebherhart or however you do that, because that's too close to our boy's name (a derivative of Everett). I thought of a great name for them the other day and told mom but not I've forgotten what it was. Which either means a) it wasn't as great as I thought, or b) I need more sleep myself...
ok, first, you have way too much time on your hands. second, i vote for plaxico. it's really ironic because becca told me at the superbowl "who names their kid plaxico?" i'll tell her tonight we're going to have a plaxico in the fam.
Love ya,
Kerri
This post made my day! I was laughing out loud! Thanks for the comic relief!
I think you nailed it with "Pedro Jesus"...that's awesome!
Oh Lordy! I better think of a name quick! haha! Yes, please get some sleep girl. Maybe after our kids are in bed we should go for some exercise. That would probably help. something to ponder/and/or/ work in.
Praying you get some sleep/rest tonight! Enjoyed reading the list of names and meanings. I, of course, like the chinese name,Chuong:)
Well, just to assure everyone that I did not come up with this entire list that night... it has been a work in progress!! I did actually sleep a little better last night and hopefully tonight will be the same.
Post a Comment