Sunday, February 24, 2008

Done!!

Well almost! We got everything moved on Saturday into our storage unit, with little difficulty, so that is a definite praise! We even had a chance to clean some... we'll get to the rest of that this week. So, we are thankful that is over with for the moment. We still have some things to take out to storage that are currently stored at my inlaws, but that can be easily done.

We are thankful to Gini and J for keeping Stone while all the moving took place. It was nice because we hired movers, so we basically just directed traffic! We didn't even break a sweat! Ha! I tell you, shelling out the money was well worth not having to do it ourselves or having to beg friends to give up part of their Saturday to help.

After cleaning some, we picked up Stone from Gini's after his nap, and volunteered to take cuz M with us for a while so they could go out on a date. Funniest quote from that adventure: from M who was in the back seat of our car at the time, as we were driving home, "This car is broke." I asked her, "What do you mean?" She replied: "This car is broke because it's not going very fast." To which Kevin and I burst out laughing!! Funny thing was, I was driving and I'm the speed demon of the two of us!! I then think Stone chimed in: "Faster!" Ha ha ha ha! Then the two of them competed for who could be the loudest from the back seat. Kevin and I just laughed. I wish I had a hidden video camera for when we travel with the two of them together... hilarious!

OTHER NEWS:
So, I guess I'm a bad wife in the fact that I kept forgetting to post and/or email about this, but it all happened so fast and right in the middle of being sick, packing and arranging details for our move, so I just never thought of it when I posted. But, K actually had 2 interviews during the past week/week and a half or so. It was for the same job, a job transfer for a Cost Accountant position within his current company. And, the 2 interviews were for the same job (the initial interview and then follow up interview.) We were pretty excited about the possibility. However, it didn't happen. I think I was more disappointed than him, but he took it exceptionally well. So, we ask, if you would, to continue to pray for another opportunity to open up for K.

1 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

I'm glad you got moved! That must be such a pain to move all the time! We moved last June and I am NOT moving again for at least 5 years! What a nightmare! I will be praying for K's Job situation. I know it must be frustrating. I'm actually a cost accountant where I work...if anything comes open I will let you know.