Whew... I'm tired! Had a very busy weekend, but good one. Here's the synopsis:
FRIDAY A.M.:
Helped SIL watch a few kids at my church for a Ladie's Bible Study. Afterwards, went by a storage facility to secure a storage unit. Went back to inlaws house, had lunch and nap. Got ready to go to our house to spend the evening packing. Brought some YUMMY pizza (my new favorite, I think) to eat at the house and met hubs there. Got things ready to take over to SIL's house for garage sale in the morning. (This was a last minute thing, so we weren't quite ready, but still pulled it off with help from inlaws.) Packed until around 8:15ish. Inlaws kept Stone and helped put him to bed. Went to bed sometime that night (remember I still have trouble sleeping.)
(Okay, sidebar here: why are we packing and renting a storage unit? Cause we're moving again! When we moved into the little house we've rented for the past year, we knew we wouldn't be there longer than the lease. The lease ends at the end of Feb, so we started looking for a new place. We found one we liked..an apartment complex right beside our church, but they didn't have the floorplan, location (2nd floor) or price that we wanted to be able to move in at the first of March. So, my gracious inlaws offered for us to stay with them until one came open. That will happen in mid-April, so we'll actually have to move twice... to which I say, "Oye-vey" but what else can we do? Which, we've actually been at my inlaws since the first of Feb cause we cut off cable/internet and garbage and it would allow us plenty of space to pack and not have to live in the same place simultaneously. So, that is the story on that!)
SATURDAY A.M.:
Hubs got up early to go over and help with garage sale at Gini's. Stone and I went back to the house (where we spent much of our past week during the day) to pack some more.
11:00ish: Needed a break so we went over to Gini's so Stone could play with Cousin M and I could help wherever needed.
12:00 Noon: Started wrapping up garage sale. Made slightly over $200... pretty good for last minute! But, we had some big items to get rid of. Ate lunch with hubs and Stone at one of our favorite places. K took S back to inlaws house for rest and nap, I went back to house to continue packing.
Around 4pm: Stopped the packing process to go back to the inlaws to get ready for date with hubs (our V-day date).
5:30pm: Out the door for date. Inlaws kept Stone again (did I mention how great they are?) and put him to bed for us, so we could enjoy the evening and not have to worry about what time we would get back. Drove by one restaurant for dinner, but looked way overcrowded. Went to other place and would be 1 hour wait. We decided that was okay, and even if we didn't make the movie I wanted to see, that would be fine.
6:50pm: Finally got seated to eat. Those people weren't exaggerating when they said it would be an hour wait!
7:40pm: We finished eating scrumptious dinner and even had dessert. I looked at the time and exclaim to hubs that we could still make the movie (which started at 7:55) if we paid now and got out of there (movie theater just across the street from restaurant). He said great and we took off.
7:50pm: Hubs drops me off at ticket line so I can get tickets while he parks the car.
7:56pm: Made it inside... couldn't find a seat at first, but found 2 dead-center but very close to front. We both prefer towards the back, but this actually worked.
10:00pm: Movie over, was great fun! We head out to car, in what I'm guessing is the general direction of where hubs parked. I have no idea, remember, as I was in line getting tickets. We walk all the way to the end of one line of cars and I don't see his car. Hubs doesn't see it either.
10:10pm: Still walking around parking lot looking for car. Hubs can't really remember where he parked it! (Seriously, I'm not making this stuff up!!!!) I keep asking him if he parked it on the other side, where we drove in from. He says he's pretty sure it was on the end where we were looking. People drive and walk by staring at us probably thinking, "Ha! Can't believe they can't find their own car!! Ha ha! And they are not even senior citizens!!!"
10:12pm: Hubs finally spots it, to which, of course, we were no where close to it when we first came out. He claims he didn't pay any attention to where he parked, cause he was focused on getting to the theater and meeting me to get in. We go home and go to bed cause we got church in the morning.
SUNDAY: Church in the a.m. and we all went together (I usually go by myself since I have to be there so early and then K comes and brings S.) Leave around 12:15pm, come home and eat lunch, take nap. Around 4:30ish, I leave to go back. K stays home with S. Now Kevin is not feeling so well (Stone was sick all of last week with a nasty cold again.) I get home around 7:30, eat dinner, play with Stone and put him to bed. We then turned on PBS to finish watching "Pride & Prejudice" which they played half last week and half this week..... well, almost half anyway. I don't know why I had to watch it, cause I own it on DVD, but I just LOVE that movie and so we decided to watch it with the fireplace going.
And that, was my weekend. I also have to spend the rest of this week packing up whatever is left to get ready for movers on Saturday, who will move stuff into storage for us. All that said, I had forgotten to mention in earlier posts that 1) we were moving again, 2) when and where we were moving and 3) that Stone is now, and has been since we came to the inlaws to stay, sleeping in a BBB.... a.k.a. "Big Boy Bed." He's done very well with it and K and I decided that we would move him into his own BBB when we moved anyway, cause I didn't want to have to reassemble the crib again, and he was getting old enough to at least try it. Plus, on the few occasions prior to us moving in here with the inlaws, my MIL had put him down on one of her twin beds to sleep during naps or at night and he had done fine. So, this is not his BBB, as his will be in storage for 2 months, but he's sleeping in a BBB at his GiGi's house, which is cool for him! See pics below.. the first of him climbing in and then one of him posing. The boy seriously needs a hair cut!! Notice the 2 side-rails. GiGi had to put the two of them up and lock them together cause he could push the one out, thus defeating the point of having one on in the first place. The boy is strong and sleeps all over the place (like I do) and so I worry a little each night cause I'm afraid that he will somehow find a way to flop himself out of the bed and hurt himself. You can see how far off the floor the bed is. But so far, so good!
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Busy weekend and the big move..
Posted by Shelby at 11:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad you found the car. You had me worried there for a minute.
I was wondering why I hadn't seen your cars in a while. Because you are at the in-laws. Hope the rest of packing and moving goes well. And then you move again. I'm glad you've found somewhere so close to work. That will be nice!
I miss seeing you!!!
They grow up so fast, don't they! What a FULL weekend you had. Glad all went well. Will be praying for you all.
Post a Comment