Driving today, I saw the following statement posted on a church sign that advertises the name of the church and service times, etc. and had to post:
"Never give up. After all, Moses was a basket case."
Ha ha ha ha! I mean, who sits around and thinks these things up? Deep stuff, and boy, did it help me to "not give up." Whatever.
Went to the pharmacy yesterday to pick up some meds. One was for stone, for his allergies. Get this....the antihistamine that was prescribed to him is actually an over-the-counter (or OTC) med. Not a big deal, except of course, our insurance doesn't pay for OTC meds, as most probably don't. So, the pharmacist told me that it was going to be around $22.00 for this little bottle of children's GENERIC claritin. WHAT?? You know how much it costs at Wal-mart or Target for the same size bottle? Under $6.00! So I asked him why it cost $22 to get it from "behind the counter" to which he didn't have an answer. I told him I'd just get it elsewhere and save the money. Now, what is up with that? The sad part is that I think we unknowingly paid that much for it the first time around, as we didn't realize it was an OTC until after the fact! And they just let us pay the whole amount without telling us that it was and OTC! I think I should get my money back! Doubtful that will happen of course, but I feel totally ripped off! To which I say, ARGH.
Well, moving day is fast upon us. Saturday is the big day and I can't say I'm exactly thrilled with having to move again. Oh yeah, already said that in previous post, but in case you didn't get that the first time, I hate moving. And we're going to have to do it twice! I told my mom the other day that I think Stone isn't too sure about us packing up all his stuff (in the old house.) She replied, "Well, he better get used to it. You guys move about every 7-12 months!" Sadly, so true. I feel like a nomad! Ha! Except we have WAY too much stuff to be nomads or gypsies or anyone who moves as much as we do. And believe it or not, we've downsized and downsized and continue to get rid of stuff and still have too much stuff. What's up with that? Seriously, I've gotten rid of stuff I held onto for years (for no reason I kept this stuff, I just did.) We've both downsized our wardrobes, books, movies, CD's, kitchen stuff, and stone's stuff and yet, it took many boxes to pack it all up. Again I say, Argh.
That is all for now... nothing profound. I again am fighting off another cold and K is borderline of having one. S is doing well for the moment, so that is where we all are. :)
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Road Side Theology and other random thoughts
Posted by Shelby at 11:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Love the church marquee. Geoff said "yeesh!" There is a church here that likes to be cryptic. One week it said "Beware the little red foxes" another week it was "Which one are you?" and yet another week it said "God's lost and found is open 24/7." WHAT?!?
Good luck with the move. Keep those nice wooden blinds you put in the house. If you don't want them, I do if they'll fit my windows...
You saw the other marquee on Suber right? God only answers knee mail! I mean to have them both up on the same road at the same time was like a double whammy! HA! And...welcome to the family as such. My FIL asked J if I was a gypsy cause me and my family seem to move, "everytime the rent is due." Haha!
Post a Comment