Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Twins and a Mohawk

Nope, father and son. Again, I am amazed at how much Stone looks like Kevin (from Kevin's baby and kid pictures). Took this one of Kevin from his Aunt Kathy's little puzzle she put together cause he was wearing funny glasses like Stone is.




Mohawk man. Yep, I gave my child a mohawk in the bath a few days back, right before he got it all chopped. It was way too long!


Kept cousin M last night while G and J went to a birthing class. S and M got along great and it was a fun evening. Until, after bath time, I went to dry her hair and got it caught up in a round brush. She was great about it, but I was very frustrated! This is why God gave me a boy!! Ha!

Also learned that M is great at "stalling" before bedtime. I mean, where do 2 year olds learn this stuff? I know they somehow know how to manipulate you by the time they are just a few months old, with the whole crying thing, but to hear and witness a 2 year old using antics to keep from going to bed cracked me up. First it was having to go potty. Then she wanted some of her bath toys dried off and in the bed with her. Then story time and singing (part of her usual ritual). Then potty again. Then had to have on pants with her nightgown. Then had to have the "right" blankets. Then didn't want her pillow. Then was thirsty. (That didn't happen, as she can't have anything a couple of hours before going to bed to prevent accidents.) Then didn't want her door shut. More things in the bed with her (which as she tried to settle down, got in her way and she said they were "frustrating her!" (How many 2 year olds use the word "frustrating?" Only Gini's child!) The whole thing was pretty hysterical, actually, but all in all, she was great and after getting her into bed, I didn't hear a peep out of her. If only it was that easy with my own child!

2 comments:

THE PEELS said...

I swear I'll never forget the first night she slept in the big girl bed. She started saying (very loudly because she's not allowed to get down), "Daddy, there's something wrong with me. Daddy, there's something wrong. Something is definitely not right with me, Daddy. Daddy?" And after about 3 minutes of that she switched modes a little and started saying, "Daddy, there's something wrong with 'Niqua (the doll she was sleeping with). Daddy, something is not right with 'Niqua." This went on for probably ten minutes, with Gini and Jason and I in the other room laughing under our breath. Then it got quiet for about a minute and next thing you know: "My Little Pony, My Little Pony, La la la la lalala!" What a nut!

kathylovemeyer said...

Children are so creative and so good at what they do!! LUV it!