Thursday, March 13, 2008

Some Firsts....

First, I must wish my awesome MIL a Happy Birthday today! Okay, so I'm a little late in posting this, but we did talk to her several times today (as she's in Greensboro currently) and hope to party up big when they come back. Thanks for all you do Gigi and for all the love you give us continually!

Now, for some firsts...in the past few weeks, Stone has accomplished some pretty interesting milestones. I'm not sure I'm particularly proud of these, but thought I'd share anyway....

  • Started calling me by my first name. This mostly happens when he's around cousin M, who of course calls me Aunt Shebby. A couple of weeks ago, M or Gini was talking to me and the next thing I knew, Stone was saying, "Shebby! Shebby!" I was like, "No, it's MOMMY to you!" He still called me Shebby anyway.
  • Pulled the wool over my eyes. Yep, I was out-duped by my 2 and a half year old. Again, a couple of weeks ago, after coming home from preschool and getting a snack, he started putting himself to bed. Or so I thought. He'd climb up in his bed, gather all his blankets around him and say, "Night night." I would then ask him if he want me to hold and rock him for a few minutes. He didn't want me too, nor would he get out of the bed. He kept laying down and acting tired. So, I turned on his fan, his music (the CD player happened to be on the floor at the time) and left the room. I figured I'd give a few minutes to see what he does, as I usually have to rock him to sleep for nap time.
Next thing I know, I fell asleep and snoozed for about 10 minutes. When I woke up, I heard the music blaring out of his room. I didn't think I had turned it up that loud, so I go check on him. I found him out of his bed, playing with his trains and he had turned the music up as loud as it would go. He was basically having a party in his room! Ha! I had to laugh....at him and myself. He keeps trying this about every day, but mamma is on to him! :)
  • Started throwing tantrums where he purposely throws himself in the floor to be sure that Kevin and/or I see just how angry he is at the moment. It's pretty hysterical, actually. I mean, these aren't his first tantrums, just the first where he throws himself at your feet and if you move away, he crawls on his knees until he's right at your feet again. As if you can't hear his screaming and fake crying!
As for other happenings, not much is going on. I am very stressed with work right now, as I am in the middle of recruiting another round of volunteers. It's been very discouraging, to say the least. I wont' even go into details, cause that's another whole soapbox. But, if people don't start volunteering, then I'm going to be left with the option of closing a class, one which I would hate to do. Pray for volunteers!

Poor hubs is also very stressed right now with work. Not that any major project is going on or anything, but just the daily grind, which seems to get worse every day. We continue to pray for a job change for him.

Have to admit that I've been enjoying the weather over the past few days. I'm not really a "lover of Spring" but I have enjoyed being able to get out and walk after dinner this week. Tonight, we got to visit with our in-law's next door neighbor for a little bit. Her dog was out in the yard as we were coming back to the house. We are very familiar with Pooh, so it wasn't a big deal. However, Kevin didn't want Stone to pet him, since he has the allergies to dogs and all. But, I had asked Penny if her dog was a Shitzu, and she said he was a mix of that and something else. Well, a friend of ours who lives in Memphis has a Shitzu and had told us long ago that anyone who is allergic to dogs usually can have a Shitzu because they have real hair instead of fur. Sure enough, I let Stone pet Pooh and he didn't have any outbreaks! It was fun for him, since every time he sees a dog or cat, he wants to pet it and we can't let him. It was also nice to visit with the neighbor, as they have always been good friends to our in-laws and are super nice folks.

That's it for now....

0 comments: