Monday, March 17, 2008

Kid of the Year Award

That's what Stone gets for the past 2 days. After affectionately (not!) giving K and I the stomach bug from h*** over the weekend, he started to feel better. However, K and I haven't recovered as quickly! As a result, neither one of us have been able to give him much attention, nor do we have any energy to want to. He has basically entertained himself over the past 2 days! What a trooper!! I do feel bad for him though, as he's able to have both of us home for an extra day, yet we're too puny to do anything fun!

K was home with him all day yesterday since we couldn't take him to church sick. Before noon, K had texted me and said that he was now sick and bring home some soup and gatorade. I was like, "Great, I guess I'll be next." Sure enough, before 6pm hit, I was vomiting as well. (Thankfully, I had called a friend to check on preschool classes last night as I was starting to feel the ick.) I mean, I hadn't thrown up since forever... I never even threw up while pregnant! And my ribs HURT along with my neck, head and every other part of my body. Needless to say, all of us are quarantined within the house today!

Makes me seriously wonder how those girls who make themselves throw up to stay skinny do it. I mean, I just hurled about 3 times (K about 5 times) and we're both so weak and sore! How would you do this every day??? And more importantly, WHY? This is torture to your body in the worst way (even if you don't have a virus thing with it). Anyway, hopefully, we'll be on the upswing by tomorrow.

0 comments: