Monday, October 08, 2007

When it rains, it pours PART 2

Just a quick note here to say that at MIDnight last night, we had to pack up essentials and drag a sleeping Stone to go over to our in-laws last night to spend the remainder of the night. Why you may ask, at such a late hour? Well, we had some major plumbing problems. A huge clog, somewhere in our pipes. I finally cleaned up my mess in the kitchen and started the dishwasher. I sat down on the couch to blog aboug Stone's birthday fun, Kevin was also on the computer doing a little work and so it was another hour or so before we got up to go to bed. I start into the bathroom and see all this water in the tub. At first, I thought maybe K forgot to drain it after S's bath. But no, it was GROSS water and then the toilet had water in it too that looked like something had backed up in it. I had guessed that somehow running the dishwasher had caused this, after K said he drained the tub. So, DUMB me thought, "well, if we can just use the toilet, we can stay here cause we can take showers in the morning at our in-laws or at gini's." Did I mention that this was DUMB? Yeah, so the toilet overflows all over the bathroom floor. Double gross. So, that is why we journeyed in the middle of the night to my in-laws, to escape the nastiness of a clogged up pipe.

Funny thing was, when stone woke up, he was kind of confused as to where he was! But, nonetheless, he enjoyed breakfast with his grandparents. So, happy birthday Kevin.... sorry it has started out so horrible!!

0 comments: