So, for the past couple of days, I've struggled with this: why is it that as a society, we fear the truth? Is it because we can't handle the truth? (not to quote that movie, but that line definitely has truth to it). I think it's because when we discover the truth (no matter what subject it's about) it means we have to make decisions with what to do with that information. For example, when we get honest with our sin and get to the truth of the matter, we are then at a crossroads as to what to do next.. truly repent and turn from that sin, or keep on doing it?
I bring this up because I admit that I'm frustrated as to why nobody wants to know why my FIL was fired from his position at the church. Many people have expressed sorrow and have even said to me and my family members "We're praying for you" but they don't ask anything further. How else do people know how to specifically pray unless the hard questions are asked? Because of the way it was handled with the omission of details, it has led some people to believe it was a moral issue. I will state it clearly: IT WAS NOT, which was even said from the pastor to my FIL. I guess I feel that my FIL's name needs to be cleared because nobody bothers to ask the all-important question of "Why did this happen?" If anyone reading this wants to know, ask. It's that simple. Ask me, my SIL, or my in-laws. We have the freedom to talk about it. I hope the REAL truth sets people free.
So how can people specifically pray? My family is dealing with a lot right now.. mostly emotional pain. But there is also a lot more to be considered, from finances to relationships to what direction to go next. I know God has a plan, but it's still hard being on this side of "not knowing" and allowing Him to supply all our needs.
Thursday, October 04, 2007
The truth...
Posted by Shelby at 12:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment