Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Published!!

Finally, after all this time, I get to see the end product of a long labor of love. In Jan. of 06, I got the opportunity to go to L*ifeway for a writer's conference to be a writer for 3rd-4th grade Bible curriculum. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. I had several months to write it, get it to where it needed to be and send it in. Even though I liked this experience and I'm officially published, I much rather write stuff for whichever church I'm serving in at the time. Problem is, I'm usually too busy doing other things to take time to write. Anyway, it was a blessing. HOWEVER, notice in the bottom picture that my last name is spelled WRONG! (missing an "l") I find this very disconcerting since they had my name a hundred times.. in person and through emails. I mean, they even paid me for writing and had to have my name, info, address, etc.! Oh well, a reminder that we are all human and we make mistakes. Thought I'd share my excitement. It's cool to see it all together and with the artwork (that they did, not me).



5 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

Congrats on being published! That is a big deal! :)

KLee said...

Congrats! I know secondhand that it is extremely hard work and time consuming! Way to go!

kathylovemeyer said...

Way to go, girl! I am proud of you!
auntkathylove

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

LOVE that they spelled your last name wrong! Welcome to the club now! Ha. Congrats too. You really are talented.

Caroline said...

CONGRATS!!! That is great:)