Seriously, a moving, motorized love seat was the LAST thing we expected to see when driving up to a park we had never been to before. I'm NOT making this up and have the pictures to prove it! See below....(and notice the wheels underneath.)
My SIL had been told about this park that we hadn't explored yet and thought it'd be fun to go to. So, today, we went. As I drove slowly through the parking lot looking for a space to pull in, out of nowhere comes this flying couch! No lie.... if I had been going faster, I could have hit them! He didn't even look before he jetted out into the parking lot! My SIL is witness to all this, so she can verify if you don't believe me! This was the funniest thing ever.. we just burst out laughing. I quickly parked so we could get out and see it a bit closer and so I could take a picture to prove it. I guess this man who was "driving" it was there for some kind of demonstration for a couple of school groups who were there playing and picnicking. We thought our hubs would find this totally cool, even though it is kind of weird. Had to post about it... :)
Below are a few pictures of Stone and Mercy having fun on the smaller, toddler-friendly playground.
We also hit the "big kid's" playground and there is a reason it's for big kids! Watching Stone on that thing almost gave me a nervous breakdown! I told Gini that I wasn't ready to take him back on that thing.. too many chances for him to slip and fall... and fall he would, as one part of it is 3 levels high! I didn't take any pictures, as I was too busy being Stone's shadow as he was pretty fearless climbing up the ladders and going down the slides. I was also trying to keep an eye on Mercy when I could, as my SIL isn't able to climb up and do those things anymore, since she's so close to her due date. But mostly, I was making sure Stone didn't fall through...the thing that worried me the most was that the ladders to climb up were just straight bars, nothing to break your fall or anything underneath. Of course for big kids, no problem. For 2 and a half year olds, not so good. Stone did great, even though he slipped a few times, but not enough to fall. I, on the other hand, was a wreck! I was glad to divert him to take a potty break for me and to change his diaper and then head back to the smaller playground, where we ran into a mom2mom friend, Heather. She just had her 3rd child, which gives her 3 boys and she looks great! I got to hold him (only a month old) and he was so TINY! You forget how little they are when firstborn. Of course, Stone was never that little, as he was a huge baby, but you know what I mean.
Anyway, another FFF....what shall we do next week??
Friday, May 09, 2008
Watch Out for that Couch!
Posted by Shelby at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That couch is hilarious!!! I even had to show M and let him see for himself! hey, can you email me and let me know what park you went to, we are always looking for a new park!!!
Brings back memories...we always has great times at the park with our 3 little ones way back when...
Keep those FFF's going...you are making wonderful memories for yourself and your child:)
Post a Comment