To my surprise, I learned a few days ago that Stone will eat hummus. That's right, hummus.. the dip made from chickpeas, olive oil, garlic and then anything else you might add to it. This particular hummus just had the ingredients above, but nonetheless, it was hummus! I didn't believe Kevin when he told me, so then he demonstrated... gave Stone a carrot with hummus on it and away he went licking it completely off, and then wanted more. I had to take a picture to prove it to myself and probably to him some day.
Currently, as I write, we are in a battle to get him to try something new (which has now gone on for an hour!).... well, it's not really new, because he's eaten all this stuff before: a bite of grilled chicken, one green bean, and a clump of rice. The kid won't eat that, or hot dogs or chicken nuggets anymore, but he'll eat hummus! Oh, and he also tried queso dip today, but still won't eat the chicken and green bean and rice! He's definitely seeing who's in control... don't give in, is what Kevin keeps telling me! AHHHHHHHH!
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Hummus
Posted by Shelby at 6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YUMMMM.... I love hummus! Way to go Stone!!!!!!!!!!!
Hummus...that's suppose to be good for you!
Don't make too big of a deal about Stone's eating habits. For sure do not make a BIG issue at mealtimes...no power struggle here...make it a family, enjoyable time for sure whether Stone eats a lot of not much at all.
Stone will eat when he is hungry...just do NOT give him any sweets in between meals or any desserts if he does not eat well and be sure he does not drink a lot before he eats - liquids can fill the tummy up!
I am sending you an email with a couple of websites to read on young childrens eating habits. They will give you some good info. Get Kevin to read them too. I did a google search on "toddlers eating habits".
Post a Comment