Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Updates....

I've realized that sometimes I've blogged about certain prayer requests and sometimes I've emailed, so I can't remember when/how I last updated, so here goes...

  • Kevin's job interview, which happened right before Christmas... turned out to not be a "go." Which is okay, but disappointing. We continue to pray that God will open the right door in this area. He had another lead this week, however, the pay was not as much as he's making now and if we could have afforded to take the chance on this job, we would have. Again, disappointing, but we know it's all in God's timing, not ours.
  • My test results from the endoscopy I had on Christmas Eve..... they took a biopsy of my small intestine cause it looked irritated. The results came back to say there was no cancer (praise!) and the Dr. said before we left that there weren't any ulcers (also a praise), but leaves me wondering what in the world has been causing all the pain I had in there? Hmmm... I have a follow up with the GI dr. in Feb. so maybe I can find some answers then. Thanks to who who have prayed!
  • Finally, we are still looking for a place to live-- please pray that God will lead us to the right place that is in our budget. We are not looking to buy at this point, so renting options make it much more difficult to find something in our price range, as well as well-taken-care of and in a decent part of town. We appreciate your prayers on this!
  • And one more thing... not really an update, but something we definitively discovered while traveling back from WV over Christmas and then again confirmed just yesterday... (how many of you thought I was going to say I'm pregnant here, since everyone else I know is?? But that's not the news!!) Poor little Stone is apparently allergic to dogs! :( I put a frowny face here because he loves dogs (so do I) and it's going to be difficult to try to explain to him why he can't pet them or let them lick him. So sad... maybe he'll grow out of it!! But for now, we are going to have to keep him away from the friendly little animals. For the past few times he's encountered them, he starts sneezing, coughing, and his eyes get puffy and his face (or wherever he had contact with dog saliva) will start breaking out in hives. Not fun for him, nor for me to watch.
That's it for now... will get back to the toothpaste poll soon... it's been very interesting to see the votes!

2 comments:

Outnumbered! said...

I so happy that your test results came back good! Maybe Stone could get a pet w/out fur, like a turtle. :)

kathylovemeyer said...

We continue to pray for all.

I grew up with cats and had no problem with allergies. They were outside cats though.

NOW I cannot be around them because I get all these allergic reactions! UGH! Dogs have never bothered me. Hopefully Stone will outgrow this.

My 9 year old granddaughter, Mallory, wants an inside pet SO badly. But her mom is allergic to inside cats and dogs. So sad for her.