Friday, March 02, 2007

Mom2Mom

Just had to blog about our Mom to Mom dinner we had last night--what a blast! I had no idea we'd be there for 3 and a half hours! I guess when you get a bunch of women together in a room without kids and husbands, that's what they do!! It was a great time of fellowship---I always feel we never have enough time to just chat and catch up at our weekly meetings, so this was a great, unhurried time. Plus, we also surprised Amy with a baby shower (she is due with her second child in just a few weeks.) We actually made her cry! (See pics below.) It was fun planning a surprise for her, it was fun chatting our lips off, and it was fun eating all the yummy food! A big shout-out to Ms. Kay for hosting! I just love her! Ms. Kay is our "mentor" mom. She's almost 71, going on about 30 because she has such a youthfulness, delightful, and sweet spirit about her. She gives of herself each week--sharing stories of things she did as a young mother (good and bad) and encourages us beyond belief. She is also undeniably one of the funniest people I have ever met--she keeps us laughing to tears each week with some story that could only happen to her. Love her!

Our other mentor, Lin, has not been able to join us as often as she did last semester due to her work schedule. Which makes us miss her even more. She too is such a wonderfully sweet person who cares so much about all of us. I know she prays for us all the time. She too, shares stories (the good, the bad and the ugly) of her life as a young mother. Thankfully for us (the younger moms) we know that Kay and Lin must have been great moms, or their kids would have turned out bad!

As for the other moms in our group, I love, enjoy and appreciate each one of them too. Each person is so unique, yet we all connect on so many levels. I know this sounds so cheesy and unemotional because it's written instead of spoken, but I have really enjoyed getting to know everyone. Being part of this group has been a lifesaver for me since we moved here. Hope we can do this again sometime.....


1 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

Ditto to ALL of it!!! So much fun!