I'm writing this post-Valentine's Day, only because I am slack about keeping my blog current, but the trauma with my hair started the day before V-day. My in-laws have a friend who does hair. (I guess I know her too, but I don't think we're quite friends because we don't hang out or run in the same circles.) Anyway, she cuts hair on the side (at home) now that she has 2 children. So, I asked her if she could cut and highlight my hair on Tuesday night. THREE hours later, I finally made it home and took a shower (you know how you feel after a hair-cut with all the loose ends still bothering you.) Even after the shower, Kevin was still not sure I had had a hair cut, which made me even more depressed since I spent money and time for a new doo. He liked the color though, which was sweet that he commented and stayed up until I got home to look at it (he's not a night person). So, I thought that maybe when I got up in the morning, it would look better.
WRONG. It looked the same as it did the night before, and I wasn't happy about it at all. I started crying and Kevin didn't know what to say to me and had to leave for work. So then, my mother-in-law comes into the kitchen (we live with them at the moment) and asked about my hair; then she saw it. I cried more. It was not a good start to a day, besides the fact that it was V-day and I felt "not-so-pretty" with this hair. She quickly said that she would call a couple of places to see if she could get me in for someone to fix it.
As it turned out, the place she had gone the week before for her own hair (which is cute!) had an opening that afternoon. The girl there had to put toner on it (the color was not quite right) and then gave it a fabulous cut. I wanted to hug her when she was through (and most of you know that I'm not a "big hugger type person.") So I spent twice on my hair what I normally would have had to spend and I learned my lesson the hard way.
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Hair Fiasco
Posted by Shelby at 1:03 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ugh, I'm sooo sorry. One time I decided to color my hair myself and the color in the box was not the color on the box. My hair was ORANGE. Not red, not auburn, ORANGE. It took two professional dyeings just to get it looking somewhat normal. $180.00. Glad you found some place for a good haircut.
so where is the photo??? you know i like pictures when i read!
at least there is a happy ending ;)
I'm always sad if my hair does not turn out right.....I lov emy new girl at IVY on batesville! ANYWhoo I thought your hair looked cute on Sunday when I saw you and your cutie little skirt you had on
But it looks SOOOO cute now!
Oh my! Been there, done that, have the t-shirt. Once in seminary I went to a place called "Hair it Is". Should of been my first red flag. I came out so short I looked like a man! I cried and cried. Trying to save $$...Steve took pity on me and being new to Memphis had no idea where to take me. He took me to a Gould's salon where they told me my only hope was a perm to soften the look and make me feminine again. The good thing is I did not have to have a hair cut for many months while I let it grow out....so, I guess in the long run I did save us some mula! HUH!
Post a Comment