My wonderful husband loves to grocery shop. I hate it. So, when I can, I send him and he gladly picks up groceries for us. On our list was bananas, since Stone loves to eat them for breakfast and we hadn't had any for a while. So, he comes home and pulls out these very green bananas. I commented on how green they were, but that it was okay, since I'd rather have more-green bananas (so they'll last longer and because I like the way they taste) than more-yellow ones. He said, yeah, they are pretty green, but I figure they'll turn in a day or two.
Well, the day or two turned into about 2 weeks! I kept saying, "What's wrong with those bananas?" I couldn't even peel them! And poor Stone was going into banana-withdrawal! Well, it turns out that Kevin had accidentally picked up cooking bananas, which apparently are like plantains. They don't turn yellow, until forever, and are not really worth eating. So, that is my funny banana story!
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Why won't those bananas turn yellow?
Posted by Shelby at 1:15 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is too funny! I didn't know there were different bananas for cooking with. The other day I noticed these huge clumps of itty-bitty bananas in with the regular bananas. I wonder if those were a different type. Geoff tells me that bananas are now endangered for some reason, because there is only one type of banana plant and there is some disease killing them all. For my sake and Stone's, I'm hoping we have bananas at least for the rest of our lives. :)
Today I commented on the unusally large banana that I brought for my snack----what kind of banana was it? I have no idea but it was HUGE!!!
Who knew!?!
Post a Comment