My child has always made me smile, but there are times when he absolutely cracks me up. Several "funnies" have happened lately so thought I'd share.
1) After we had come home from the part on the day his foot/ankle got hurt, (last Sat), I was going through the last of my boxes to try and get them unpacked and put away. In one of them, there was this pair of red socks of his. Not sure why they were in this random box, but I'm not surprised as we packed so crazily this time. Anyway, he saw them after I pulled them out and decided that he needed to wear them the rest of the day. He wouldn't let us take those socks off for nothing! I guess they "helped" his hurt foot. Here's a pic.....(he didn't want his pic taken, but I had to, to show my mom the pic of the red socks, which is another long story in and of itself).
2) The next Picasso... "A self-portrait"
3) Literally up to his eyeballs in shaving cream at preschool (today):

4) Making great use of a box and pillow.... (in case you can't tell, they made a car ramp and also a car tunnel (through the bottom of the box).

5) And my favorite "funny" of the week, and probably the funniest thing he's done in a long while. I don't have a picture of this story, but I SO wish I had this on video. I think I could have seriously won some prize money out of this story. This happened yesterday in preschool. His room is right next to mine and there's a bathroom in between our rooms. I had come over to his room to ask his teacher something, but went through the regular door and not through the bathroom. Ms. Krista (his teacher) was actually in the bathroom changing the diaper of one of the other kids. Stone happened to be near the door, standing at the trashcan. He knows he's not supposed to put his hands in the trash at home, so I was wondering what he was doing. I told him to get away from the trashcan and happened to look down into it. Ms. Krista had placed the empty bag of an assortment of candies in it (she had emptied it into her treasure box.) I couldn't figure out why he was interested in this bag. I talked to Ms. Krista for a moment and went back to my room.
I later find out why he was interested in the trashcan. The rest of the story goes as this: Krista also saw him at the trashcan while she was in the bathroom changing the diaper of the other kid. She also told Stone to get away from the trashcan. He would leave it, but then go back to it. So, she decided to spy on him through the crack of the bathroom door. THIS is what he was doing (prepare yourself from grossness!!) She had earlier unwrapped one of those big, fat pieces of bubble gum for herself. Well, in unwrapping it, it somehow flew out of the wrapper and across the floor. So of course she got it and threw it into the trash. Enter Stone... As she was spying on him, she saw him dig through the trash, find that piece of unchewed gum, LICK it and then would place it back into the trash if he thought he heard Krista or saw her move in the bathroom to come after him!! AUGHAGHAGHAG! He did this a couple of times, each time Krista trying to get him to NOT do that anymore! Of course, she couldn't move the trash at that moment, because she had an UNhappy child on the changing table that she had to deal with first. I wasn't upset when she told me as we were waiting for parents to pick up, but thought it was funny and gross at the same time! Of course, I wish he hadn't been so unsanitary in his choice of getting his sugar rush, but what can you do? *sigh* Oh my child.. I'm so glad to have him in my life and love that he makes me laugh in so many different ways.
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
My child....
Posted by Shelby at 4:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hahaha! Don't worry, he's just boosting his immune system. How funny!
You gotta luv'em:) So precious:)
Glad you are back to blogging...always enjoy your post and keeping up with family:)
Post a Comment