Free Movie, Car Problems, Speed Cleaning, Car Wash, Our First Swim, Downtown and a new nephew? Plus a visit from Aunt Minnah and Gigi!
A lot has happened over the last few days! I'll try to give the "short version," but you know I'm wordy. So....
Thursday started off with our grand plan: Gini discovered that the movie theater was showing the Veggie Tales movie, Pirates Who Don't Do Anything and wanted to know if we were up for taking the kids. Of course.. I decided to drive separately in my car to first run by the church to get the credit card to do some shopping for crafts for VBS. Gini and M were coming to our house so they could all ride together. We would meet at the theater. I get the card, stop in at the Dollar Tree (on Woodruff), come out and my car won't start!
I call K.. he drops Gini and the kids off at the theater and comes gets me. When he gets to me, my car still won't start. We decide to let it sit and go to the movie cause we don't want to leave Gini too long, given that she's ready to deliver at any time.
About 15 minutes into the movie, K gets a call.. he looks and it's from his dad. He missed it though, and then my phone rings. We look at each other... we both know that if his dad calls us both like that, trying to get a hold of us, that usually means someone wants to come to the house to look at it. I go out to call my FIL back and sure enough, the realtor said he had someone to come look at the house in an HOUR! I go back in, tell K, grab my purse and take the only car for all 5 of us to rush to the house to tidy up. Really, tidy and clean, as we hadn't kept it in tip-top shape as of recent days.
I rush home and literally have about 45 minutes to: make 3 beds, straighten and wipe down 2 bathrooms, unload dishwasher and THROW dirty ones in to hide them, wipe down kitchen counters, clear 2 dining tables of "odds and ends," pick up all the billion of trains and toys scattered in Stone's room and take down the darkening shade, open blinds all over the house, pick up clean and dirty clothes and "hide" them, and spot-dust and vacuum!! I was more than exhausted and sweaty, but got a good workout! (Oh yeah, I also got an important phone call regarding Stone and his speech stuff, as I was trying to clean!) K then called me and said they were out of the movie; I told him I was on my way. Thankfully, the realtor was a few minutes late, which gave me a few extra minutes.
I pick up everyone and we head to lunch. We then go back to check on my car, still in the parking lot of the Dollar Tree. Thankfully, it starts. We then drive it straight to the garage to get it checked out, and then back home. We put Stone down for a nap and I get some work done at home, but didn't get any more shopping down for crafts for VBS.
Then, after dinner, K decided to wash his car and invited Stone to help him. Stone got into it, but got a little tired during the end. Then, we decide to check out the neighborhood pool. I still don't have my bathing suit, cause it was packed up in storage. But, I am happy to go and take pictures and help with Stone once they were done swimming. See pics below... Stone LOVED being THROWN into the pool... literally, I was throwing him high, with K catching him of course and he loved every second of it. Last September when my family went to the beach, we had Stone at the pool every day, but he would hardly get in, much less jump in. That is, until the last night! Then he didn't want to get out. Same with Thursday night.. he didn't want to get out and he had been at this "jumping in and then getting out to do it again" activity for at least an hour. But, glad he enjoyed swimming.




Friday was uneventful, meaning that it wasn't as full as Thursday. We picked up my car and then I took the next several hours to shop for VBS. K kept Stone at home after running a couple 0f errands, including going to the library to get some more books for Stone and some Thomas the train DVD's.
That night after dinner, we decided to go downtown just to walk around and enjoy the atmosphere. We got down there and walked up and down Main, then stopped in for a bite of ice cream. We continued to walk and walked all the way down to the river and back again. On our way down, we ran into some friends who just had their first child, a boy, about 2 weeks ago. It was good to see them, as we hadn't seen them in quite a while. They are friends from our first church.
By the time we finished our long walk and got back into the car, we were all pretty tired... especially Stone who refused to take a nap that day!
So then, the excitement begins...on the way home, I noticed that I had gotten a text message from Gini. She wanted us to keep our phones on at night in case she needed to call us to keep M if she goes into labor. I don't think much of that at first, but as we communicate, it turns out she's been having contractions since around 7:30. Turns out that she gets some sleep and today (Saturday) she's fine, but we were all kind of getting prepared in case little boy decided to debut. Which leads us to our "surprise" visit from Gigi and Aunt Minnah (K and Gini's little sister). It really wasn't a surprise, as they told us they were coming, but Gigi was down visiting Minnah and they decided to come late last night, after hearing that Gini may have been going into labor. They got here about 3am, but we didn't hear them... :) It was fun to visit with them this morning and throughout the day. Here's a picture of Stone and Aunt Minnah.... notice Stone's new Thomas shirt, from his Gigi! And this completes my post for now!
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Lot's O Stuff
Posted by Shelby at 4:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey! We've been in Tennessee visiting family and then my mom came here for a couple of days. This week I'm doing VBS every morning at church. Let's plan a play date the following week. I'll call you soon
Post a Comment