Monday, March 02, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Now this is what I call a snow day! It's funny how much they have canceled school here when there's been little to nothing to talk about. But, Sunday night, the snow came in and we got about 4-5 inches, on top of some ice, so canceling school here was a good idea. (In WV, we probably still would have had school, but I'm not complaining.. I enjoyed the day off!)

Kevin was wonderful this morning and let me sleep in and took Stone out early for his first big play in the snow. I, of course, fussed at him for not getting me up so I could document it with pictures. But, then again, I can't complain because he let me sleep in!! So of course, I don't have pics of that. Right around lunch time, we decided to head over to K's parent's house. They had some sleds and a big hill in the back of the house, plus we love the company, so off we went. The roads weren't bad at all, and by noon, a lot of snow had started melting. Thus why in the pictures it doesn't look like much. However, everything was covered in snow... the trees, grass, houses, etc. It was so beautiful! Too bad we didn't get this for Christmas!

Stone loved it, until he got too cold or got a lot of snow on his person.. then he wanted to head in! I don't have any pictures of me in the snow with him, only because I was too busy taking pictures of him sledding (or trying to capture on video) and by the time I was going to pose with him, he was dead set on going in. We also didn't get to make a snow man, but there's always tomorrow. All in all, it was a great snow day!!


First run down the hill... getting the hang of things!

2nd time.. oh yeah, he's loving this now!

Wheeeeeeee!!!!

Getting Pop in on the action and racing him

Posing with dad

Kevin tries a run at it

Getting pulled up by Pop

This is the way to go!

Getting another push by daddy

Getting a bit too cold and ready to go in

All of us at the top of the hill (taken by Gigi)

K, S, and Pop walking up the hill

I think I'm liking this snow!Taken outside our building

Another pic outside our building

Our cars covered with both ice and snow

The view from our balcony

0 comments: