Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Detergent Debacle

Be amazed.. I'm actually posting twice in one week! And now on to the main topic. So my sweet hubs goes grocery shopping just about every weekend. Yes, he loves to grocery shop and so does Stone so off they go (and I'm very thankful I don't have to typically do it!!) Well, he brings home a 2 gallon container of laundry detergent. I go to put a load in and it's one of those containers you flip on it's side and push the little trigger for it to come out (like a water cooler). I do this and out gushes what looks like water. As you know, detergent is much thicker and usually doesn't gush out. Upon further inspection, I determine it must be water, but I'm pretty dumbfounded... I mean, I just couldn't get my brain wrapped around why there was water in there instead of detergent for about 2 whole minutes.

I call K to come look at it and he suggested that maybe the detergent changed it's consistency. (We got a brand that had a "free and clear" option so we didn't have dies or scents, etc., so the detergent is usually a very clear tinted color. Thus, why we were both confused when we first saw what came out.) I finally put 2 and 2 together and figured that someone must have used the detergent, filled it back up with water and then took it back to w*allyworld to get their money back!! Can you believe that?! I mean, I guess that shouldn't shock me, but it really made me mad that someone did that! Needless to say, we took it back and told them what we thought had happened and they returned it for us. They also said that they had heard of this before. Well, if so, why didn't they check it when it was returned?!? Has anyone out there had a similar experience? Please share....

5 comments:

Caroline said...

The cashier at Babies R Us told me that they now had to check what was inside every box that was returned b/c someone had brought back a stroller but had put in the box an old dingy gross stroller. The next person who bought it took it home and when they opened it was just as surprised as you! Some people have no conscience!

KLee said...

Those are some crazy stories!! Glad they took it back.

kathylovemeyer said...

Nothing surprises me these days and it may get worse. This is a lesson for me to remember to check what is in all boxes and also if caps have been open on products before I put them in my cart and purchase them:(

Shelby said...

Caroline, that is so crazy! I guess people do want to try and get away with stuff!

Outnumbered! said...

Wow! That is crazy! I don't think I would've ever figured it out b/c I wouldn't have thought someone could be that devious.