Tuesday, August 12, 2008

So much to catch up on...

I have lots to blog about, yet I've not been in the blogging mood as of late. I feel overwhelmed at present... I mean, transition to our new city/life has been good, don't get me wrong. But reality has set in. We still are up to eyeballs in boxes and even though we make small dents each day, the pile doesn't seem to get smaller. I miss friends from the Greenville area and folks from our church. I especially miss my SIL and all the fun/trouble we get into just hanging out with the kids.

And probably the biggest thing that has bummed me out is that I didn't get the job I really wanted. I know it's all in God's plans, but it was still disappointing. I ended up taking a part-time job as a weekday preschool teacher with a church preschool and start on Monday. I really like the director and I think I'll really like teaching there. However, because of our financial situation, it won't be quite enough for us on a long-term basis. So, I continue to search and pray that God opens the "perfect" job for me: one that pays enough, one I'll use all my gifts in, and especially, one in which Stone will also thrive and be very close at hand. That's a lot to ask for, huh?!

Kevin continues to do well in his job and really likes it, along with co-workers. We've made some good friends from his workplace already and that is cool. In his last 2 jobs, we never hung out with any of his coworkers, mainly I think because everyone commuted so far to get to work in the first place that it made getting together that much harder. But, we've been able to make friends with one couple who has a daughter one year older than Stone and another couple who is expecting their first child in October. (We told them that since the wife and soon-to-be child will both have October birthdays, that they can join in our "Hallquist Oktoberfest" festivities.)

Oh.. this is some news I've been wanting to post for a while, but I found out over the 4th of July weekend that one of my best friends (lives in the Memphis area) is pregnant. Pregnant after years of trying and being told by doctors that they did not know why she couldn't get pregnant, otherwise known as "unexplained infertility." I remembered how much she wanted a child and how much all of her friends and family prayed and prayed for her to get pregnant. That prayer has been answered and much to her and her husband's surprise! I'm so thankful and exited for her/them... the joy still hasn't worn off even after a month and a half from hearing the news. I can't wait to find out if they will be having a boy or girl and then of course, to meet this little one in person. If you think of her, pray for her to continue to have a healthy, normal pregnancy. Her name is Cindy.

That is all for now... will post again soon with lots of pictures.

3 comments:

THE PEELS said...

Great news on Cindy - gives hope to the rest of us out there trying, and trying and trying again!
Hang in there on your transition. You have a lot on your shoulders right now. Just take it one day at a time...

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE CULDESAC said...

hey girl!
i miss you! just keep praying for that perfect job. i was told to be specific when you pray, so that you can see all the ways God answers. I know he will provide just what yall need. i'll be praying for your continued adjustment in your new home. come visit soon

love,
marie

Gini (Hallquist) Young said...

Hey SIL! been trying to catch up on blogs! I had so much fun coming to visit and I secretly told mom that I didn't realize how much I missed you specifically till I came and spent time with you again. I mean, its not like we are sisters that grew up together. I think that's what makes it different...we are friends with the perk of being related. I love you and pray that the job stuff works itself out. Keep in touch even though I know life's business is about to take over for both our families.