OKAY... I'M TYPING THIS SECTION IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M SEETHING, AND HAVE BEEN SINCE YESTERDAY WHEN I DISCOVERED THAT I LOST ALL MY PICTURES FROM THE JULY 4TH WEEKEND. YEP, THAT'S RIGHT, ALL OF THEM (which was about 130 or so).
We're not sure exactly what happened. I could have sworn I had downloaded the pictures, as I normally do, and was going to post them here and send some to my folks. When I went to look for them, couldn't find them. So, I tried looking on the camera's memory disk. That's when I discovered that the disk was BLANK... somehow, it got corrupted. I will have to say, though, that thankfully, it was just pictures from the 4th (although there were quite a few) and not ALL of the pictures that were on there. I did have some cute ones of Stone and Mercy, and Stone and Nate (both his older cousins) along with some of my family, swimming, them watching the fireworks, and my Aunt Becky who lives in FL who we got to see as she and her husband came up for the motorcycle thingy going on. So, as you can see, and as most of you know, I love pictures and am quite distressed over this. We have searched and searched on my hard drive to no avail. So, I will try to get over it, but it may take a while. :(
Next on the update: We got Stone back tonight! He went for a weekend visit back to Greenville to spend some time with his grandparents and to be present at his Cousin Mercy's birthday party. From the pics on my SIL's website, looks like M and Stone had a great time. Click HERE if you want to see them... So, he had a great time (according to reports from my MIL) and I think I missed him more than he missed us!! Ha!! But, he was super excited to see us both tonight and had a hard time settling down. But I didn't care, cause I missed him so much!
Interview update: The interview went well... at least I think so. It's always hard to tell, right? But I liked the people with whom I talked with and the pastor of the church. There's no expectation to have to join their church if I do get the job, but of course, we're welcome to go there if we choose. So, I'll keep everyone posted as to the outcome. As soon as the interview was over, I hopped in the car and drove to Charlotte to meet my MIL half-way to get Stone. We got back in time to put some pizzas in the oven and meet Kevin who got home late from work. He's feeling a little overwhelmed as the training part is already over. But, he still likes it and is trying to get into a groove with it.
And finally, had to post about this: I was trying to complete an application for the possibility of working at another local church as a preschool teacher or aide. I was happily filling out the information when I got to the section that said "Standards of Conduct." It had the normal stuff in it (as it's a church and Christian school) but then it had this line: "We have deemed social networking websites (example: My Space.com, U Tube.com, Blogger.com, etc.) as inappropriate to the purpose and mission of (School's name here.)
Monday, July 14, 2008
:( I'm so mad!! (and other updates)
Posted by Shelby at 10:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
SO SORRY about your lost pics! Glad to see your post went from caps to lower case:):)
That is quite a strict requirement of that Christian School...the problem is you can not dictate morality...nor be BIG BROTHER...looking over every body's shoulder...trying to rule / control the masses. I imagine that the students have this same requirement on them attending there...no doubt!
That's why we NEED Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord. It's a heart issue...and ONLY HE can change it! And then there is the truth: "Walk in the Spirit, and you will not fulfill the desires of the flesh"
I worked in a Christain school for 18+ years...and we did not have this policy.
This is a VERY STRICT band. I always remember this statement from a book I read by Josh McDowel:
"Rules without relationship breeds rebellion"
Oh, well...to each his own!
Post a Comment