Been a while since I blogged.. suddenly, I have found myself swamped with things at work and thus, trying also to balance home life with work. Last Saturday, we went downtown again, but first, we took Stone for another hair cut. As you can see in the before and after pictures below, he was over-due! This is not the first time I've blogged about his hair cuts, so you might be wondering what the big deal is. WELL, the big deal is that normally, he SCREAMS and squirms and makes a huge scene when he gets his hair cut. It takes Kevin holding his body down, me holding his head and the stylist holding him too and doing her best to make his hair look half-way decent. But NOT this time! He DIDN'T do all that!!!!! We were so impressed! He got a little fussy and a couple of times I had to hold his head, but that was nothing compared to the past 3 times. AND, he sat in the chair by himself, without Kevin having to hold him down!! Our little guy is GROWING up!! Yeah! I mean, boo... I can't believe he's growing up on me!! :(
BEFORE
AFTER
So, other things to blog about to catch up:
- This past Sunday, I got to speak in church... all 3 morning services. What did I speak about? (And no, I did not preach!) Well, the children's pastor and I basically told people that we needed more people to commit to teaching preschoolers and children during our church's meeting times. The children's pastor (Jeremy) actually preached a sermon and then I just shared my heart and vision for the future of the preschool ministry. I wasn't nervous at all.. which is not like me, so must have been a God thing. Also, I have MUCH more respect for our pastor who has to preach a sermon 3 times in a row... I only spoke about 10 minutes.. can't imagine having to preach a 30-40 minute sermon 3 times in a morning and then coming back in the evening! Exhausting I'm sure! I don't think we really realize how tiring it is to do that, unless you have the opportunity to do something similar.
- Also this past Sunday, I got to meet with a few ladies to discuss the Women's Ministry at our church. Very interesting.... how, in the past, nobody has really stepped up to lead this important ministry. We are praying for God to raise up the woman(en) to lead this. I mentioned how much the Mom to Mom ministry has blessed me and would love to help start that.. just so much to think about and organize and I have my hands MORE than full with preschool right now. I do hope that can come about though.
- Kevin's company continues to depress me and make me angry. They keep pulling junk on him.. the latest is that he has to work Saturdays for the rest of the year. He will get "compensated" for these work days (he has to work 6 Saturdays to get 4 extra vacation days) but doesn't get the vacation days until the later half of NEXT year.. WHAT??????????? (We are praying he has a new job before then, which means he won't even get to use those extra days!) ON TOP OF ALL THAT, they've already ruined Thanksgiving and Christmas.. making everyone work right after those dates to do inventory, which means nobody can be off or travel to see family. Kevin's mom's family is having this big reunion thing in MS and we wanted to go, but it's not going to happen. Which again, sticks. Sorry to be negative.. just reality right now.
2 comments:
Stone is sooo handsome. But you already know that! And it sounds like church and your job are going really well. Now all we have to do is just keep praying that Kevin finds a job that he likes and that meets your needs. We're wishing and hoping and praying for something to come his way!
God has a plan and a purpose...keep in step with Him...He will direct your steps and show you His Way. We will miss you in MS. Amy and her family and Todd and his family will also NOT be able to be there. It is too hard to travel the 11 hr. distance with a 2 month old and for a 7 month pregnate wife. We will have to plan another time in the near future.
love you, auntkathylove
PS Stone is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment