Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering....

Taking just a moment to reflect on what happened 6 years ago today... I'm sure we all remember where we were and what we were doing when we were brutally attacked. I was getting ready for work and remember as clear as day thinking, "Let me turn on the news and see what's going on in the world today." Wish I hadn't. I remember calling my then-secretary and best friend Cindy who was already at work (at the church) and told her to get to a TV and why. I kept staring at the TV thinking I was watching a movie preview or something. It just didn't seem real. I didn't want it to be real. After arriving at the church, we all huddled in my supervisor's office (the only office with a TV) watching the horror. We didn't any work done that day, as I'm sure most people didn't get much done or if they did, it wasn't worth anything. Kevin was in France at the time living/studying/working on his MBA. He recalls it with some vagueness.. he remembers his parents trying to get a hold of him via phone and someone at work had to alert him to what was happening back "home." Of course, they were several hours ahead of us, but the news hit the world pretty fast.

The worst thing about it is the people who had to pick up the pieces after the smoke cleared and had to move on... those who lost loved ones, coworkers, friends, neighbors, etc. I'm not sure I would have done so well emotionally had I lost someone to that kind of tragedy. The question of "why" never being answered. I pray for those who are still moving on... I pray that America would turn back to God most importantly, for we as a nation have lost our "true love." Only Christ can heal our nation, bring justice to those who hurt and do wrong against us. I hope we never forget....

0 comments: