Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Carpe Diem....

Seize the Day... as we were so tenderly reminded this morning by our Mom to Mom friend, Monica, who was diagnosed last April with lung cancer. Non-curable, but maintainable lung cancer. Who, when doctors first diagnosed and looked at her, only gave her at max 6 months to live. She stood before us this morning, looking quite well, giving testimony to what God has done in her life and praising Him in the midst of angst. (I seriously wonder if I'd do the same.) The latest news is that the tumors have shrunk a lot, but still, they only give her 6 months to a year to live. So, as a wife and mother to 3 precious children, she is really having to learn how to live and enjoy each day, each breath, each moment. She challenged us to not only do the same, but to also give God the glory for EVERYTHING that happens in our lives. The good, the bad, the ugly. That is hard, yet God will demand that ultimately He receive all glory and honor that is due Him. Somehow, Monica has managed to do that!

Yet, even though the doctors have given her this news, I still choose to BELIEVE that He will heal her. We already know that no known treatments or drugs will cure her cancer. But, we serve an all-powerful God who doesn't need treatments, drugs, chemo or anything else. All He needs to do is think it or..speak it..or touch. Wouldn't that be an amazing miracle and testimony to His glory.. to heal the incurable lung cancer that has taken residence in her body. However, that is my simple, easy answer and I know that I can't possibly know the mind of God. I am determined, though, and knowing that will not keep me from continuing to pray for complete healing for her and to pray Psalm 109:21 over her: "But you, O Sovereign Lord, deal well with me (Monica) for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me (Monica)." as well as Psalm 86:1-4, "Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my (Monica's) life, for I am (she is) devoted to you. You are my (Monica's) God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me (Monica) O Lord, for I call (she calls) to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my (Monica's) soul.

I have so little to complain about in light of her situation, yet I do it so very often. Lord please forgive my insignificant rantings when every day I have an opportunity to worship and praise you as well as enjoy the abundant blessings you have poured out on me.

1 comments:

Katy said...

How right you are! God can cure this...and I admire Monica's strength and courage. She will be in my prayers and I wish her peace and comfort!