Tuesday, September 25, 2007

1095 days....

....and counting! That's how long K and I have been married as of today. There are many good things to list about K, but I don't want to brag too much! Not only is he a great husband who does the little things that sometimes go unnoticed, he is also a fantastic father to our son. I mean, that kid adores K. He only mimics K (rarely have I seen him mimic me).... from words to posture to everything. It's hysterical in some things and scary when you really think about how much S watches K. K takes good care of him when he's by himself and spends a lot of time with him, which is great. I know a lot of dads don't get to spend a lot of time with their kids due to work schedules (and then some dads don't even want to spend that much time with their kids at all.) So, t0 say that God has blessed me with husband like K is understated. Thank you Lord!

However, as I reflect, a lot has happened in the past 3 years. Our wedding, honeymoon, birth of Stone, 3 moves, Katrina and all the ramifications of that storm, a semester in seminary for K, new jobs, leaving friends who were as close as family, creating new friends, a new church family and now another new church family. My parents have now celebrated their 41st anniversary, K's parents celebrated their 31st this year as well. We welcomed a niece just 3 months before the birth of our little one and have been blessed to have lived near them most of the past 2 years so that we can offer each other support as well as let the cousins enjoy time together. We've been jobless and near to homeless, save the fact that K's parents let us move in with them. We celebrated my dad's retirement which brought many mixed feelings and emotions. We have weathered 2 family member's tumultuous relationships, several deaths and a few other nameless tragedies. And now, just a few days before our 3rd anniversary, we learned of another devastating event in the lives of people we love. I am not at liberty to discuss, but it has weighed heavy on our hearts, mind, and emotions. All of this is to say that even though I'm glad I married K and he is a definite blessing in my life, I am worn down by life right now. K and I have talked about how we don't even know what it's like to have a "normal" marriage due to all the things listed above. We just cling to God's promises in his Word and thank him for his many blessings despite all the craziness around us.

So, we still will celebrate the fact that God has brought us through all this and that He will continue to bring us through new things together. We plan to "celebrate" by having dinner Friday night, without our wonderful son (who will be playing with his grandparents.) Nothing fancy or extravagant; just time to be alone together to talk and regain some of what we've lost over the past few years. I hope and pray we have many more years together.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sister! you and your family are a blessing to me! The C's are praying you through your whirlwind life that is the "Hear and NOW" We love you!!!!

It's a Mom Thing said...

God continues to walk with us even during these storms. We are praying for you guys. And hope you enjoy your anniversary.

THE PEELS said...

Welcome to the family! It feels like the past few years have brought more than their share of craziness for all of us, doesn't it? If you feel like talking, I probably do too, so feel free to call. You know my schedule. Happy anniversary!

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE CULDESAC said...

Congrats on your anniversary!

KLee said...

Hope you guys have a great night out tonight! What a blessing to have grandparents so close!