Thursday, September 27, 2007

Attacked by ants!!

Our house has been invaded by tiny little ants (don't think they are fire ants, thank goodness). They came into our living room where we have some carpet pieces laid down. The carpet is light tan, the ants are light, so you can't really see them without close investigation. Well, a few days ago, I noticed a 3-4 whelps on Stone's leg. I wondered what they were, cause they sort of looked like mosquito bites, but they seemed to appear after being inside, which didn't make sense to me. I know mosquitoes can get inside, but usually they attack me too and I wasn't bitten. Well, yesterday, this bump appeared on his face. Again, I'm puzzled and K kept saying it was probably a mosquito. Then today, S was sitting in the floor. He probably sat there about 10 minutes or so, looking at a book while drinking his juice. I got him up to change his diaper and notice about 4-5 MORE bites on the underside of his legs and kind of freaked out. I then went back into the living room and looked down at the carpet and there were about 20-30 ants roaming around! UGH!! My poor baby was lunch for these ants!!! I was so mad, even though Stone didn't seem to be bothered by them. I scooped him up, put him in the car seat, took our can of ant killer and went to town. I then left and ran some errands and asked K to meet me for dinner. We then hung out at my in-laws, cause I didn't want us breathing the fumes, nor did I want Stone playing in the same area (about the only place in our house where he can play because it's so small) for a while. When we came home, we vacuumed and cleaned some more and I didn't see any, for now. I hope Stone heals from all these bites.. he even has some on the back of his neck!! :(



1 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

ants are the worst. this is the time of year that they seem to come inside. glad you figured it out and got rid of them. poor stone. he's just too sweet for those ants to resist.