Friday, January 09, 2009

Not again....

...but yes, it is true. My dear husband came home a little early from work today, in which I immediately wondered why. He was laid off again. It has only been 9 months since the last time this happened to us and to be honest, I am quite rattled at the moment. Was there warning? Sort of. The CEO sent an email New Year's Eve stating that sometime in January, there would be about 12 lay-offs. He didn't give hint as to who that would be or which departments that would affect. K had 2 things going against him... being a recent hire, and due to some changes back in Oct/Nov where he was switching job roles, that was not a good thing all around (the guy who started all the changes up and quit, the guy who was supposed to train K did his best to NOT train him and thus, K was left trying to learn a whole new job with about 1 day's training while still doing his old job at the same time. which meant he made some mistakes, as anyone might do in the same situation) So here we are again!

Please pray as we fervently search for another job for him. We hope and pray that we do not have to move again. Although God definitely blessed us with this move as much as we didn't want to, I'm not sure any of us can emotionally handle another move being that we haven't been here even a year yet. We are thankful that the company has provided 2 month's compensation as well as health benefits; something they did not have to do and it allows us a little time to hopefully find something. Thanks to you all for your prayers.... will keep you posted...

5 comments:

It's a Mom Thing said...

I just cannot believe this! You guys have been through enough. I am praying for you! Let us know if there is anything else we can do, to lift your spirits or to help.

kathylovemeyer said...

Boy, will you have a testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness to proclaim when all is said and done!

We are praying for you all...keep strong...remain faithful...Father, God is listening to your heart cry right this very moment.

Just wish I could physically be there to give you a hug and a hand.
love u preious ones:)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Shelby. This is so unreal, I can't believe it. I pray he'll find something new soon. John's employer, a hospital, just laid off 40 employees with no warning too. No one's job is secure anymore. :(

Anonymous said...

Praying for you guys! I love you my heart sister! I want you to keep me posted

Meredith said...

We will be praying that God gives Kevin the perfect job opportunity!!