(Be sure to check out the couple of posts below this one.. I've been trying to be better about blogging more and have lots to catch up on!)
I love Christmas! I would love it more this year if I hadn't been so sick and remain to be so sick! It seems that I have caught the cold bug around the end of October/first of November and haven't really recovered since! I've had "better days" than others, and this crud has gone between the 3 of us mercilessly, so I ask prayer for better immune systems for the 3 of us.
Anyway, here are some fun Christmas pics with descriptions above the pic.
Kevin and I are all dressed up to go to his company's Christmas party this past Friday night. It was a pretty big deal, and a dress-up affair to boot. We had a lot of fun, but left around 10:15pm as we were pretty tired and it was still going strong! Gourmet food, open bar, NICE door prizes, recognition of those who had been there 5, 10, and 15 years, as well as entertainment acts. Seriously, they poured out the bucks on this party! AND, we have another party to go to that is for the families this Wednesday night!! Pray that he can stay with this company for a long time!!
Decorations in our home....
Our shelving cove... the first time I've been able to display our happy snowmen (up top) and on the second shelf, our ceramic Nativity scene. All of those items were painted and glazed by a good friend's mom (from my Memphis days). She loves to do that sort of thing and first made me a snowman before Kevin and I were together. After we got married, she made one for him and then the biggie gift, the ceramic Nativity scene. Once Stoney came along, she made another one for him! We are thankful for all of them, but I have to say, that the Nativity scene is especially dear to heart, as I grew up with seeing one that was similar that my parents had. I always LOVED that Nativity set and now I have my own! As I stated before, this is literally the first year that I've been able to set both of those items out, as we've not had room in the past! I was pretty excited!!
Our beautiful tree (with gifts below from my SIL) and our mantle.. also, our first mantle of our own to actually hang our stockings! In the past, we've had to use a bookcase!!
Stoney and our tree! His PJ's say "If Mommy says No, go ask Santa!"Our cool Advent calendar we read each night....
The advent tree we add a sticker to each night to countdown to Christmas day. We fingerpainted it together and he's loved adding the stickers.
Santa's helper....
Fun with Mercy!! Gini, Mercy, and Wyatt came for a visit the first weekend of December. These 2 are so fun to watch reuniting and playing together! Here are a few highlights...
All dressed up for the Christmas program at Pop's interim church. This was taken at Aunt Martha's house...
Tried to get a picture of the 3 of them, but that proved to be more difficult than I thought! Of course, everyone was tired, and Wyatt was super hungry, so this is what we got!
The kids outside playing... Stone learning to ride a tricycle and Mercy already knowing how to work the scooter!!!
Love this pic... looks like 2 old people just catchin up on gossip or something!! (Yeah, I know Stone has a pink hat on, but it's all we could find last minute!!! It belongs to his grandma and I do actually have a boy cap for him, so no worries!!!)Stone loving on Wyatt!! Stone loved holding Wyatt during this visit and we thought that was just cool!!
Cute little man Wyatt!! I loved hanging out with this little guy during their visit... got to feed him and even put him down for a couple of naps!! He's such a sweetie!! (and of course, such a cutie!)
Monday, December 15, 2008
Some Christmas Pics
Posted by Shelby at 9:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Luv all these pics, especially the one with Stone wearing the Santa Cap:)
The pic of the two kids on the swing is so cute. Just like you said...the old couple! (I am just now catching up on reading :) )
Post a Comment