Well, I guess when you get an email address, keys to the place you work at, a security code and a make-shift office, you're pretty official. My first week as Preschool Minister at our new church has been interesting, but not too stressful. I really like the fact that I can set my own hours (except for Sundays and Wednesdays of course) and that I pretty much can make whatever changes I think are necessary for the ministry to thrive. That being said, there is LOTS to be done! I know things won't happen over night and don't have that expectation, but at the same time, I almost don't know where to begin! There are so many little details I need to get grasp of and of course, the huge challenge of learning new faces/names all over again is overwhelming at times when I stop and thing about it. Not to mention the fact that there are still major holes in the spots where teachers should go to make Sunday mornings and evenings happen smoothly. However, even with all this facing me, I feel at peace being there and feel as though I'm "back in my element." I have also enjoyed not having to be in the office quite as much this week.. I have missed being a full-time stay-at-home mom!! S has missed that too and has (I think) enjoyed the extra time with me this week. I am thankful for this new job and have prayed for this for a long time. God is faithful, even when we think He has forgotten us.
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so so so happy for you, sister! Working part time is the best thing that ever happened to me, and I'm sure S loves it as much as you do. As I try to tell my mom all the time, sometimes kids just need their moms. :)
YEA! I know you will do an awesome job as Preschool Minister! We will definitely miss having you at TFBC, but know you are obeying His call. And we will still be friends and hang out, for sure!!!
Wow --- what church are you at? Is it close to your house? Congrats to K on his promotion.
Post a Comment