Ever have days when you are just a total clutz? Yeah, well, I had a WEEK last week where I was a total clutz! Seriously, 2 days in a row, I spilled Stone's juice cup after pouring into the sippie cup and attempting to put the lid on. This accident occurred on the cabinet right beside the fridge, which made for a very small space to try and clean. And of course, it happened RIGHT before time to leave for work/school. The next day, in the exact SAME spot, I did the exact same thing while trying to put the lid on. You'd think it wouldn't be that hard.. the second time though, I also got the juice all over me. So in addition to having to clean the floor, cabinet, and side of the fridge, I had to change clothes as well. All right before leaving for work, which put me a little late. The day before all the spills, I was knocking over things in the house left and right while trying to clean and put things away. The day after the juice spills, I managed to spill my entire cup of a large sweet tea from the Chic all over the counter space and floor in my preschool room! I was taking down my heavy bag from up above the cabinets, lost balance, and it fell down onto the counter, taking the tea with it and making a huge mess, right as the kids were arriving. Then, Friday night, I was cleaning dishes and putting them in the dishwasher and low and behold, I knocked off one of our glasses onto the floor, which shattered into a billion pieces!! So, I've had enough of clumsiness to last me for the rest of the year!!
This past week, I've been working on some home improvements: cleaning the house, making a project for Stone's room, and purging things from boxes to TRY to de-clutter our house some. I get being a pack-rat honest (from my parents!) and it's hard for me to get rid of things! But I am trying and I do feel better with less clutter around overall. Friday night and Saturday morning I managed to purge some more thing and then clean (and really clean) the living room and the guest bath. Today, after church and a nice, relaxing "brunch" at Panera, both K and I went into cleaning mode again and went through our clothes, Stone's clothes and toys and got rid of things we didn't need anymore. Then, we really cleaned up our bedroom and put the rails together in anticipation of getting our king size mattresses tonight (long story there, but the king mattresses have been in storage and we just haven't had a chance to move them here so we've been sleeping on our queen mattress just on the floor). Afterwards, I started decorating Stone's room! This has been a project I've been wanting to do for quite some time, just haven't been able to for one reason or the other. I took pictures beforehand and afterwards, just need to download them. Will post soon. It's super cute (with lots of cars and trucks, tractors, firetrucks, etc) and Stone was so excited over it, he was jumping up and down!!
Birthday month and celebrations have begun and we have lots more planned for the rest of the month! Kevin got to spend some great, relaxing, quality time with his dad over the weekend (got to go fishing too) and we kept some kids of friends of ours (new friends we made since moving here) so they could go on a date and had a blast with them. They have a daughter who just turned 5 in August and a 2.5 year old son (adopted and adorable) who get along great with Stone. In fact, Matthew didn't want to leave once his parents returned! That made me feel good! We had pizza for dinner, home made rice krispy treats for dessert, and we took a walk down to our neighborhood fire station where we were in luck: one of the firefighters saw us, came out and invited us to look at the truck and all the equipment. Rachel was Ms. Inquisitive! She asked some great questions, and to the amusement of the fireman, Kevin and I, we had fun learning all about what firefighters do. She even got him to "jump" into his boots and coat/gear just to see how fast he could do it!! Ha ha!! That was great... I wonder what else she could talk him into doing???
This week, we are having K's parents over for dinner, we will have a "small" celebration on both Tuesday and Wednesday nights, since those are Stone's and Kevin's actual b-days, and then my parents arrive on Thursday afternoon. We'll party the whole time they are here and hopefully get to go to a pumpkin patch on Saturday before they have to return home. Then the next week is Stone's b-day party for his friends on my actual b-day and we get to have a SPECIAL visit from Aunt Gini, M and W!!!! I am super excited about that! My other SIL Mer was going to try to come but plans changed for her, so we are going to MISS her and getting to spend some time with her but we totally understand! So, lots of fun things to do and quite possibly, we'll get some family photos done and some photos of Stone, since he's turning 3. I'm not quite ready for him to be 3!!! This means he'll no longer be a baby!!!! This is quite depressing, actually. I know it supposedly gets "better and better" but I just want to freeze him in time just as he is!! Ahhhh.... time does go by WAY too fast!
Better get off to bed!
Sunday, October 05, 2008
Total Clutz (and other things to catch up on)
Posted by Shelby at 11:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday Hallquists!!! Enjoy Oktoberfest:)
Happy Birthday Shelby, Kevin and Stone!
You are a busy gal:) Sorry about all the spills some days...weeks are just like that...it's those days you sing the song:
"on a day like this...
On a day like this...
On a day like this...
I just need the Lord to HELP me!!"
Wish I could find the tune and music to that song. It really is a great tune to sing when everything seems to be going wrong. And what a reminder to call the Lord into any situation...even spills:)
Ahhhhhh declutter...sounds like the thing to do:)
Happy Birthday to Stone and Kevin. Sounds like you all have a fun, full month planned:)
clutzy, huh? i was always extra clutzy when i was pregnant. hmmm....
Christy
Have happy happy birthdays!
Post a Comment