Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Transformations

2007 is already on the brink of being over. Yikes! Can't believe it has flown by so fast. The typical thing for most folks to do on this day is to make New Year Resolutions. However, my pastor yesterday morning talked about instead of making resolutions, to ask God for a 'transformation.'

By this, he means that instead of focusing on all the do's and don'ts we want to accomplish for next year, that our main goal should be to fix our eyes on Jesus... to allow him to transform our minds, hearts, attitudes, etc. Then all the "other" stuff will be worked on naturally, as our soul, heart, and mind are filled with Jesus and his word. That was the message I needed to hear. I had been thinking about and setting many goals for next year, however, I think instead of setting those goals and then being disappointed in myself when I might not meet them, I am going to fix my eyes, heart, mind and soul on Jesus and ask Him to help me do the rest.

I pray that in 2008, you too will fix your eyes, heart, soul and mind on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith. May He bless you and may you serve him this next year with all of your being.

0 comments: