Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste it into your own post. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tag someone else!
I tag Gini, Meredith, Beth, Miriam, Marie, Kendra!!!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both
2. Real or artificial tree? Just a few years ago, I would have said real, cause we grew up with real trees. However, after using an artificial one for the past few years, it's the only way to go!
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever we have time to. This year, it happened to fall on Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Again, whenever we can get to it.
5. Do you like eggnog? No, but Kevin loves it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? This is a tough one---I honestly can't remember what my favorite gift as a child was! My parents were so great and spoiled us, so it's hard to say.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, many. The one I'd love to put out but have NO where to put it is one that I received as a wedding gift from my former roommate/friend's mom. It's gorgeous and ceramic, but again, I have no place to display it. I also have several smaller ones and a couple of ornaments.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My hubby Kevin. You'd think he'd be easy to buy for, but wrong! Also, my brother, cause he never tells me what he wants.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Uh, again, not sure on this one.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have several here, but "While You Were Sleeping" still holds#1. My newest fav is probably "The Holiday" with Jack Black, Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz and Jude Law. And thanks to my former roommate and friend Jenny, "Christmas Vacation." And then there is the classic: "Charlie Brown Christmas" who doesn't like that one?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Apparently, not soon enough, as I'm still not finished! I usually like to start early, which means around Sept.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I think so, but I sometimes get scared that I gave it back to the person who gave it to me!
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's ham and the fixin's and dad's world-famous peanut butter balls!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear/white
17. Favorite Christmas song? Just about all of them. This question should be divided into "Christmas carols" and "Holiday classics that have nothing to do with the real meaning of Christmas." So, if it's a Christmas Carol, "Angels We Have Heard On High" & "Joy to the World." If it's the latter category, "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" & "Sleigh Ride/Jingle Bells."
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We've done both. I love being with my family at Christmas and on Christmas day, but Kevin eventually wants to start our own traditions, so I don't know how much longer we will continue to travel.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Vixen, Dasher, Rudolph, ????
20. What's on the tree top? A rusty star that has lights in it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning. Although growing up, if we wanted to, we could choose to open one present Christmas Eve night.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? I have a list: People trying to take Christ out of Christmas; People refusing to be jolly about Christmas-- It is the best time of year ever; TRAFFIC and trying to shop; People being rude
23. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? Nope, it's very eclectic right now.. mostly of ornaments that I have collected over the years from growing up. My parents always gave us at least one ornament every year (most of the time we got more than one). So, I have all of them plus ones I collected such as snowmen and Noah's Ark (used to collect both).
24. What do/did you leave for Santa? Cookies and milk.
25. What were any traditions you had growing up? Any that you do as an adult now? On Christmas Eve, we would always go to a Christmas Eve service at the church. Afterwards, we'd come home and invite anyone over who wanted to come and just have a few snacks. We'd then sit by the fireplace and read the TRUE Christmas story and then open 1 gift if we wanted to. Christmas morning, we'd dive into presents first thing, eat a big breakfast and then play with toys or watch videos until time to eat dinner (mom always made a great Christmas dinner). Another tradition that we did and still do is to have our extended family come over and we'd have another big meal and exchange gifts and just hang out. As for traditions now: Kevin and I are still figuring all that out and deciding what we would like to do. We're just having fun with Stone and enjoying everything we can. Stone particularly likes it when we just drive around to look at lights, so I'm sure that will become a tradition we stick with. I'd like to make a special "Happy Birthday Jesus" cake and eat that on Christmas too. I'm sure we'll come up with some other ideas.
1 comments:
I did it ...I did it! Merry Christmas--Got your pic in the mail SUHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Love it!
Post a Comment