Since I have nothing of importance to blog about, I'll share about my pet-peeves as of late, just as a place to vent if nothing else. In no particular order.....
* no good radio stations to listen to on the way to work
* having to get up about 2 hours earlier to go to work
* stupid people who don't know how to drive who are also going to work
* not getting to take a daily nap when at work (I guess I could nap at work, but that wouldn't go over very well)
* having to repeat myself a hundred times while at work (why can't people just accept the fact that they have to complete a form to update their information???)
* Melinda Doolittle getting booted off American Idol last night... WHAT IS UP AMERICA??? She is the best one on there, without question.
* skinny people who say they are fat
* my husband's company making him work on MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.. what's up with that one too?? I mean, is that really legal?? And we had a friend who was flying in from Memphis who had to change his flight.. this one really got on my nerves!
* people at church who look like they are dead during a worship service.. come on people, be happy and glad to worship Jesus!!
* having to do laundry about 10 times during the week.. (even though my sister-in-law helps with this, I'm still constantly having to do laundry and there's only 3 of us!!) AND doing dishes constantly too.. ugh.
And now that I have let off some steam, here are some things that I cherish during the week..
* all the time I can get with S and K.... how precious time is with both of them now, especially S (since I was used to not seeing K during the day and could at least talk to him on the phone)
* hugs and snuggles and sort-of-kisses from S.. there's not much better than that folks!
* hearing K's voice during the day and making plans with him for the evening (which usually includes dinner and then playing with S)
* getting to see my sister-in-law and M every day and being thankful for her
* hanging with my in-laws
* talking with my parents and getting the latest of how their new house is coming along
* reading my friend's blogs and laughing
* spending time with God (although I'm still trying to work on doing this more and getting adjusted to my new life schedule)
Thursday, May 17, 2007
A Working Mom's Pet-Peeves
Posted by Shelby at 9:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know you don't know me, but my husband and I used to go to Taylors (and we are actually there a decent amount when we are in town). Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed your rants and the moments you charish. You are lucky to have such amazing family close. I enjoy your blog. I just wanted to let you know that I have been here rather than just lurking. Have a wonderful Friday and a fun weekend!
~Annie
love the rants and cherished moments. Good thinking. next time I don't know what to write I think I may try this one. We love you too.
Gini
Post a Comment